STATEMENT ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Lithuania-Poland-Russia European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013 aims at promoting economic and social development on both sides of the EU-Russian border, addressing common challenges and problems and promoting people to people co-operation. Under the Programme, legal non-profit entities from the Lithuanian and Polish border regions and the entire Kaliningrad oblast implement joint projects co-financed by the EU*.
CROSS – BORDER COOPERATION PROGRAMME LITHUANIA-POLAND-RUSSIA
The Cross-border Cooperation Programme Lithuania-Poland-Russia 2007-2013 has been realised within the financial perspective 2007-2013. It was formulated as a result of joint cooperation among all countries participating in the Programme.
The Area of the Programme encompasses the following NUTS III units:
- Lithuania: the regions of Klaipeda, Mariampole and Taurogi and as adjacent areas: regions of Olity, Kowno, Telsza and Szawla.
- Russia: the Kaliningrad Area
- Poland: subregions: Gdańsk-Gdynia-Sopot, Gdański subregion, Elbląski subregion, Olsztyński subregion, Ełcki subregion, Białostocko-suwalski subregion, and the adjacent ones: Słupski subregion, Bydgoski subregion, Toruńsko-włocławski subregion, Łomżyński subregion, Ciechanowsko-płocki subregion, Ostrołęcko-siedlecki subregion belonging to five Polish provinces (NUTSII): pomorskie, podlaskie, warmińsko-mazurskie, kujawsko-pomorskie and mazowieckie.
The main objective ahead of the Programme remains to provide support for cross-border development processes, i.e.:
- Strengthening the contacts between Poland, Lithuania and Russia by intensified bilateral and three-sided cooperation,
- Stimulating the social and economic development of the cross-border areas,
- Ameliorating the life quality for the inhabitants.
The objective of the Programme shall be executed by non-commercial projects within the following Priorities and actions:
Priority 1. Contribution to solving common problems and challenges
Measure 1.1. Sustainable use of environment
Measure 1.2. Accessibility improvement
Priority 2. Pursuing social, economic and spatial development
Measure 2.1. Tourism development
Measure 2.2. Development of human potential, by improvement of social conditions, governance and educational opportunities
Measure 2.3. Increasing competitiveness of SMEs and development of labour market
Measure 2.4 Joint spatial and social and economic planning